Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's child's play...

Tonight I jumped on the trampoline...in the dark...and it was great fun!

This came off the back of a chat with my wonderful Naturopath (not to mention a card I pulled yesterday, and one from Kylie a while back!) who suggested I do one simple thing...

Play more!!!

As I've mentioned before (and I'm pretty sure you can pick this up), I can often get caught up in the 'seriousness' of my life...and forget to go and play at recess and lunch!

So as I walked home past my primary school to my childhood home, I was thinking of all of the stuff I loved doing as a kid...

and I knew that the trambopoline was on the cards for me tonight!

If you haven't done so before, it's great fun reflecting on what you loved as a kid. It's amazing what you can remember when you get started...and how much you miss some things!

In her book 'You Are Inspired', BelindaGrace has a great activity called 'Letting your childhood dreams inspire you", which essentially goes like this...

  1. Write down things you can remember loving as a child - no matter how silly they might seem.
  2. Take action! Choose one thing you loved doing and find a way this week to bring the feeling back into your adult life.
  3. Keep in mind - it can be in a small way! If you always wanted to climb a mountain, 
  4. It's a great way to bring more meaning into your working life - as BelindaGrace says "if you can't turn your newly revived passion into a career or a business, then your existing work becomes a means to fulfilling that end."
So here's my list...as a kid, I loved...
  • Melting chocolate in the microwave and eating it - thanks Jess for putting me onto that one!
  • Sleep overs
  • Playing UNO with 40 cards each (at least 40!)
  • Christmas morning
  • Netball
  • Singing
  • Magic
  • Collecting things...soaps...stamps...
  • Laughing until I cried, hiccuped or snorted Milo out of my nose!
  • Climbing
  • Exploring
  • Coloured pens
  • Using shading cloths and sandpaper to decorate
  • Fags (the lollies that is)
  • Jumping on the trampoline for hours
  • Camping
  • The Chocolate Game
  • Pass the parcel
  • Going to parties!
  • Reading
  • Dress ups
  • Puzzles - particularly logic ones
  • Gymnastics
I think this week, my action will be buying some pretty pens!!

Have fun writing your list! And if you're feeling brave...I invite you to share right here...




Ignore the crazy eyes - but this is me tonight in front of my trampoline!

2 comments: