Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It doesn't have to be done perfectly, it just has to be done

This one sentence revolutionised my world a few weeks ago.

I was listening to Denise Linn on Hayhouse Radio (one of my favourite past-times) and this came through so clearly to me, it was like she was talking directly to me!!

She said to a caller 'It doesn't have to be done perfectly, it just has to be done. And you know what, you need to be willing to do it badly.'

It just makes so much sense!

In the past, I was fabulous at procrastinating because I wanted to 'do it right', or I didn't want to start something until I knew I had the time to do it all at once.

I say in the past, because I've committed to changing my ways! And boy has it made a difference.

This blog in itself is a great example - I had thought about it for a good few weeks, but wanted to have the 'right' look, or start with the right words or photos or whatever.

But you know what, it didn't have to be perfect. I just needed to get started....and look at me go now!

Any time I feel myself delaying on something, I remind myself...it doesn't need to be done perfectly. And it's like it's permission just to take the next step and see where it leads.

So the big question is - what in your life do you need to just do?

It feels so much better just to keep the energy flowing rather than think about how you haven't done something time and time again!

Speaking of which...time to go wrap my Christmas presents...

No comments:

Post a Comment