Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What a pain in the neck!

Ow!

That was my first thought this morning when I woke up to find that I'd slept like a minda and I now can't turn my neck to the left more than 45 degrees!

And then my next thought of course was...hmmm what thoughts have created this?

Being a big believer in the mind-body connection, I always go straight for the jugular...baha excuse the pun!

What I mean is, trying to find out instantly why it is this has occurred, and as I said, what thoughts created it.

So my little head went off into a whirlwind which went a little bit like this...

Neck...stiff neck...left...

Well I know that neck is about flexibility and seeing both sides of an issue. Obviously I can't look to the left, and the left-hand side is the feminine side, and also represents intuition and creativity...

Then there's stiffness, so have I been rigid in my thinking?

All of this comes from Louise Hay's Heal your Body, which has essentially been my mind-body bible for the past 4 years!

Then I've got another great book from Inna Segal, an Australian Medical Intuitive called 'The Secret Language of your Body' which is a cracker, and goes into a bit more depth for each ailment.

Anyway I was reading through Neck and the bit that stood out was "Spending too much time thinking and trying to work things out and not enough time being aware of your feelings and tuning into your intuition"

To which I went aaaahhhh, that definitely makes sense! It's kind of my thing though - I love delving into the whys and wherefores...but perhaps a little too much lately, and not letting things just happen enough!!!!!!!!!!

It feels like a block of concrete on my left-hand side, aka my intuitive side...perhaps I've been building a bit of a brick wall in front of my intuition!

The other thing to look at here - this could be specific thought patterns rising to the surface because they're out of whack...or because of something I'm working on which has flushed them out! As Louise puts it "sometimes when we try to release a pattern, the whole situation seems to get worse for a while. This is not a bad thing. It is a sign that the situation is beginning to move. Our affirmations are working and we need to keep going."

I think it might be a little from column a & a little from column b - either way it's a good thing because it's not hiding!!

I've definitely been working on being more flexible in my thinking and being willing to go with the flow. Not holding on to ideas I've had, because things do change! While I may have thought something was a good idea yesterday, or last month, or last year - today I've got new knowledge and experience, so it's ok. And I've also been working a lot on listening to and trusting my intuition...which has been a lot of fun! I'll get onto more of that at a later date though, and introuduce to another one of my favourites Sonia Choquette.

So what now?

Let my body do it's job of healing that's what! Inflammation is an immune response, so it's great that it's already started and that my body knows what to do to heal itself.

The important thing is that get my mind out of the way of that!

I'm focussing on relaxing, and imagining my head turning from side to side with ease.

The other image I've got is of little workers in hard hats and green overalls, deconstructing the brick wall on the left side of my neck one-by-one, putting them in wheelbarrows and carting them away into a rainbow coloured fire!!!!!

And of course, there's affirmations...I think of them like mental vitamins to take!

So I've got 'I am flexible in my thinking and see all sides of an issue with ease. There are endless ways of seeing things and doing things. I release all stiffness, limitation, stuckness and rigidity from my thinking. I allow my body to heal itself'

The most important thing for me today - stay positive and keep the faith that all of this is happening for a reason, and that I don't need to know what this is!

It's happened and it's not about blaming myself for thinking 'wrong thoughts' (although believe me, my ego gave that a crack this morning!)

So I thought this picture of me at the tram stop this morning was perfect!

And I guess the motto for today - if you're body's trying to tell you something, take a moment to stop, listen and see what the message is!

No comments:

Post a Comment