Monday, February 28, 2011

Oops I did it again...

Ha ha if you now have Britney Spears in your head, but it seemed the most appropriate title!

So what have I done again? I've manifested the symptoms of a chest infection and sore throat.

And how did I manage that?

Because I've had 'too much to do and not enough time to do it'...I haven't had any time to rest...I've got so much to do and I don't know what to do next...I just want to get this done and it's taking forever, so I can't start something else...my to-do list has been weighing heavily on me...

Recognise some of these?

I'm a big believer in the mind-body connection...in fact it's the integral part of my life's work to be a healer.

At any rate, the crux of it what the mind-body connection means to me - my words and thoughts create my world.

And I've got a cracking example of that from this week!

I started feeling a bit chesty and throaty last week, to which I thought and said 'oh here we go, this always happens when I've got too much going on in my world and I get a bit overwhelmed by it'. 

I really wanted to have the day off on Friday, but didn't! 

So on Saturday, I thought nope, had enough of this and started turning my thoughts around. And instantly felt better!

But here I am on Monday, still with the symptoms...I think partly because I really wanted to have a day off! Instead of marching on with me affirmations and releasing this...I think I kept it going so I wouldn't have to go to work today!!!

Or because part of me wanted justification...'see I have had a lot going on - I'm sick because of it'

No I'm not - I'm sick because of the thoughts I've chosen to think about my last week or so! 

There's often plenty of different things going on in my life, but I'm not a walking chest infection. Hence why this is such a classic version of Dr Mona Lisa's saying 'you don't need to remove anything from your life, just your interpretation.'

I've got the bin out ready!!!

The first thing to remove is my self-fulfilling prophecies - 'I always get this when I'm tired and have too much on.' That and 'Don't worry, I'm not contagious, this is my own special brand.'

Then there's the standards I create for myself...
  • I have to use all of my time "well"
  • I have to get it all done
  • I have to do it all now
  • This is taking too long
  • I should have had this done before now
Then there's the sayings...
  • I'm so busy (this is a post in itself that I'll get to another day!)
  • I've got too much to do, and not enough time
  • There's not enough hours in the day
  • I just don't feel like I'm getting anywhere
Urrrggghhh - I feel worse just reading back over all of this! 


Turning it all around now into affirmations that help to keep me healthy...
  • I am happy and healthy.
  • I allow my body to return to it's natural state of great health.
  • I always have more than enough time to do everything I need to do.
  • I'm surrounded by help and support.
  • Everything happens in the perfect Divine order.
  • I'm always in the right place at the right time, doing the right thing.
  • I allow my mind to relax and be at peace.
  • I live in the now and take life one step at a time.
  • I am safe. All is well in my world.
Ahhh, that's feeling better!

I'll get on to affirmations more another day, but essentially they're based on thinking thoughts that make you feel good

Some people scoff at affirmations or ask why would you bother? 

I defy anyone to say that their main motivator isn't to be happy. So when I've got a choice to purposely think a thought that makes me feel good/happy, I choose that every day of the week! 

I forget sometimes that I do have that choice, but as soon as I remember, I'm on the bandwagon well and truly.

Ok, well back to rest and recovery...or should I say removal and replacement. Out with the old negative thoughts, in with the new, happy and healthy ones!



Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I love affirmations!!!!!

    I send daily affirmations (thanks Louise Hay) to three friends everyday and they email me if I'm too late in sending them ... they too like to start the day with a positive message!

    And I thank you for introducing them to me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it that you're REALLY trying to say? And who do you want to say it to? Perhaps look into that and your throat will heal. Oh, and by the way - it's not necessarily anyone outside of yourself.

    ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries Ellen - I love them too!

    And definitely Grace - I had a serious pair of angry pants on Saturday morning...I think I was angry at myself for getting sick...angry at everyone else for not doing what I wanted...!!!

    So I laughed when I read Sore Throat was 'Holding in angry words. Feeling unable to express the self'!

    Fortunately after that I got over myself and stopped being a little angry being...and then not surprisingly my sore throat went away!

    But yes - throats are definitely about what you're holding back or onto!

    ReplyDelete